Apply to Enter a Vehicle
The Fairfield County Concours d'Elegance is by invitation. You must
have received notification from the Vehicle Selection Committee to be included
in our show field or special exhibit(s).
If you have a motor vehicle (automobile or motorcycle) that you think should participate in the Fairfield County Concours,
please fully complete our application form. We carefully review each
application to ensure that we select the best vehicles for
presentation to our guests.
Process for submission and criteria for consideration:
Deadline for applications for consideration is June 15, 2012 -
either entry online or postmark if mailed. We prefer use of our
online application form.
- Only 200 vehicles will be selected.
- The earlier you submit your vehicle for consideration, the better. Individuals
who wait until the deadline usually find the field has been filled.
- Submit two photos (three quarter front shot and side shot).
- Complete the vehicle application. The more information you supply about your vehicle, the better we can evaluate it.
- Your submission (photos and history) must be entered online or postmarked no later than June
- Sorry, NO e-mail submissions are accepted.
- Entries online or postmarked after June 15, 2012, will be held over and may be considered for future events.
Entrants to the Fairfield County Concours d'Elegance have the opportunity to
have their vehicle recognized with an award in several ways:
The major part of the judges' decision is a subjective evaluation, based on the following criteria:
- All vehicles accepted on the 'main field' are participants in 'Peer Judging' by class
(your fellow entrants vote on their choice of the most compelling vehicle in your group)
and the top three in each class receive an award;
- All of our attendee guests and entrants have the opportunity to cast their vote for 'People's Choice', our second highest award level;
- The Hagerty Insurance Youth Judges award 3 awards, selected by the group of young enthusiasts themselves from among the show field;
- Separately, a panel of distinguished automotive and motorcycle authorities review the field and award
numerous prizes, including the two 'Grand Prix d'Honneur' or 'best of show' awards, based on traditional "French style" subjective judging. This panel considers the significance, style, originality, presentation and condition, in that order, of the vehicles in awarding recognition.
Please make sure that your photos and any documentation you wish to submit
are available prior to starting the submission process. We will send you
a confirming email that the application has been received.
- Historic significance
- Timeless style
- Visual appeal
- Suitability of color scheme
In addition, they will consider:
Fit, Finish and Brightwork
- Interior and Engine Compartment (for originality, not necessarily cosmetic condition)
- Chassis, Wheels and Tires
2012 Applications are not yet open. We will
notify prior entrants via email and will issue a Press Release when 2012
applications are open.
We carefully review all applications. You will be
notified if your vehicle has been selected for the 2012 Concours. We generally
will not accept the same vehicle for two years in a row for the show.
to download Adobe Acrobat Reader